Mental Health Crisis Lines

If you’re worried about your mental health, or experiencing a mental health crisis, call our 24/7 helplines. For adults, call 0800 001 4331 and for children and young people and their families, call 0800 2346342.

If you are feeling suicidal, it is important to talk to people about your feelings.

You can talk to:

  • To a family member, friend or colleague – sharing how you feel can bring huge relief
  • To a helpful advisor – by phoning in complete confidence and anonymity to a helpline such as the ones given below
  • To your doctor – may be able to help you or signpost you to the help you need
  • To your mental health care team – if you are already seeing a psychiatrist, psychologist or community psychiatric nurse

Mental Health Helpline

Telephone: 0800 001 4331(open 24/7)

If you’re feeling low, anxious or stressed and you think that talking to another person may help you cope you can call the new mental health helpline in Lincolnshire which is open 24/7.

Children and young people

Call Lincolnshire Here4You line on 0800 234 6342 (open 24/7)

The advice line offers support for young people’s emotional wellbeing and mental health. It is available to children, young people, parents, carers and professionals in Lincolnshire. More information about Here4You self-referral

Local help in a mental health crisis

If you are already using mental health services

If you already use our mental health services, or care for someone who does, during office hours your first point of contact should be the person that you/they usually see (a care co-ordinator, or named lead professional).

Their contact details, details of the care team are contained in your care plan. If you don’t have these, you can contact our Single Point of Access Team on 0303 123 4000 to help you get in touch.

If someone has recently been discharged from mental health services:

If you have been discharged from mental health services in the last 12 months you will have been given as part of your discharge plan what to do if you experience deterioration in your mental health again. This will explain who to contact.

If you have not used our services before:

Call our Mental Health Helpline above for advice and support or you can self-refer to steps2change our talking therapies service if you are over the age of 16 and feeling stressed, anxious, low in mood or depressed.

During office hours, you can contact your general practitioner (GP). Your GP is your family doctor, the doctor you would normally see if you are ill or concerned about any aspect of your health. They will be able to refer you to the most appropriate mental health service in your area. If you don’t have a GP, use the NHS website to locate the nearest one to you.

NHS 111

If you need help but don’t think it’s a 999 emergency, you can access NHS 111 free for advice. Go to or call 111.

You should contact 111 if:

  • It’s not a 999 emergency
  • You don’t think you can wait for an appointment with your GP
  • You don’t know who to contact for medical help
Next: COVID-19 and Flu Previous: Dental Treatment