Your feedback matters

What is an Integrated Care Board (ICB)?

Integrated Care Boards are NHS organisations that bring together local GPs and experienced health professionals to take on commissioning – or buying – responsibilities for local health services.

As Commissioners of local health services, a ICB is responsible for planning the right services to meet the needs of local people and delivered locally. ICBs buy health services for their local patient population including Community Health care and Hospital Services, and ensure the services deliver high quality, safe care and treatment for those who need them.

What ICB’s do?

ICB’s are responsible for the commissioning of healthcare services (planning, buying and monitoring):

  • The care and treatment you may need in Hospital and Community Health Services, including District Nurses, Physiotherapy and other therapies.
  • The medicines you may be prescribed
  • Mental health services
  • Support and services for people living with learning disabilities.

Compliments, concerns and complaints

At the ICB we are always interested to hear your views about the services we pro-vide and the services we commission or pay for on your behalf. Feedback helps us to improve and adapt the way we do things to meet patients’ and service users’ needs wherever possible.

If you have any feedback – good or bad – that you’d like to share with us please get in touch.

If you’d like us to pass on thanks or appreciation to teams or individuals we can do that for you. We can also help resolve situations where things haven’t gone the way you were hoping.

Contact details

Phone: 01522 309299

Post: NHS Lincolnshire ICB
Bridge House, The Point, Lions Way, Sleaford, NG34 9GG

Should your concerns relate to the ICB’s Continuing Healthcare Team, you can contact their dedicated Quality team directly on the details below:

Telephone: 01522 515344
Post: Continuing Healthcare Quality Team, Bridge House, The Point, Lions Way, Sleaford, NG34 9GG.

Formal complaints about a hospital or community service

If you want to make a formal complaint about a hospital or community service, the Complaints Team at that organisation is the best place to start. Again, you can find details of how to contact the relevant Complaints Team on the website or via the main telephone number of the organisation you want to talk about, but if you can’t find the information you need, give us a call or drop us a line and we can help you.

Problems with primary care services – GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services

From 1 July 2023 the way members of the public make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner changed.  

 By primary care services we mean GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services. 

There are two ways you can make a complaint: 

  • You can complain to the healthcare provider: this is the organisation where you received the NHS service, for example a GP surgery or dental surgery. This would be the most appropriate route to try and resolve your concerns locally, please ask to speak with the practice/service manager.  
  • You can complain to the commissioner of the service: this is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received. 

If you want to make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner you will now contact NHS Lincolnshire Integrated Care Board instead of NHS England. 

You can do this by: 

Telephone: 01522 309299

Writing to us at: NHS Lincolnshire Integrated Care Board, Complaints and Customer Care Team, Bridge House, The Point, Lions Way, Sleaford NG34 8GG.

Problems with the ICB, a hospital or community service

If you have a problem with the ICB, a hospital or a community service that you want to resolve quickly, the most effective way is usually to get in touch with the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) for the organisation in question. You can find contact details for most organisations’ PALS on their website or via their main telephone number, but we can help you with contact details if you cannot find the information you need yourself.

You can contact the PALS for the ICB, community services and hospital via the respective contact details below:

Lincolnshire PALs

Phone: 0300 123 9553
Post: Lincolnshire Community Health Service NHS Trust, Beech House, Witham Park, Lincolnshire, LN5 7JH


Grantham Hospital: 01476 464861
Lincoln Hospital: 01522 707071
Pilgrim Hospital: 01205446 243
Post: Patient Experience Team, ULHT Head-quarters, Greetwell Road, Lincoln, LN2 5QY.


Help with making complaints about NHS services Voiceability is a free, confidential service which is independent of the NHS and exists to provide advice and support to people making complaints about NHS services.

Contact details:
Phone: 0300 303 1600
Post: VoiceAbility, Unit 1, The Old Granary, Westwick, Oakington, Cambridge CB24 3AR.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you have used the processes described in this leaflet to try to address your complaint but you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). The PHSO can review the way in which your complaint has been handled, but you will need to contact the Ombudsman about your case within 12 months of the final local outcome of your complaint.

Contact details:
Phone: 0345 015 4033
Address: Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW19 4QP.