NHS 111 can help if you think you need medical help right now.
You can get help from NHS 111:
They can direct you to the best place to get help if you cannot contact your GP during the day, or when your GP is closed (out-of-hours).
Depending on what you need, you might be advised to:
- Look after yourself safely at home
- See a pharmacist for help with a minor illness
- Contact your own GP surgery
- Get urgent specialist support, for dental or mental health problems
- Book a call back from a nurse
- See an evening and weekend GP (out-of-hours GP)
- Go to an urgent treatment centre
- Call 999 or go to A&E in an emergency
For more information on the NHS 111 service, please visit: When to use NHS 111 online or call 111 – NHS (www.nhs.uk).