COVID-19 Vaccinations Engagement
As part of the response to the Coronavirus pandemic Lincolnshire has established a dedicated Inclusion & Health Equality Vaccination Team co-ordinating bespoke support for the vulnerable, disadvantaged and marginalised groups. The Engagement Team supported the wider Health Inclusion Vaccination Team with their engagement activities. Promotion of the covid vaccinations in Lincolnshire helped to increase vaccination up-take alongside work with health inclusion groups.
The activities this year have included:
- Provided covid vaccination champion training sessions and engagement advice.
Based on local data and intelligence, undertaken on the street engagement, delivering fliers to households and public venues promoting services. The correspondence was translated in a range of European languages targeted to the specific area.
- Worked in conjunction with Boston Borough Council’s Empowering Healthy Communities Programme, the Primary Care Network and PAB Languages.
- Attended public events, gaining feedback and promoting local vaccination services. Distributed fliers to promote the local “grab a jab” page.
- Attended Lincolnshire Show on 23 and 24 June 2022.
- The engagement team worked with a clinician from the Covid Vaccination Site, Age UK Lincoln and South Lincolnshire. The team to speak to hundreds of people over the two days.
- During time at the show the team booked appointments, answered queries and offered advice around when the public would receive their next vaccination. Advice was also given regarding the NHS app, local walk-in sessions and clinical advice was sought around the covid vaccine and children’s vaccinations. We were able to direct patients to the “health check” tent on the show ground.
- We were also able to promote opportunities for the public to get involved and have their say, as well as by joining the Lincolnshire’s Citizen’s Panel.