NHS Lincolnshire Citizens’ Panel
What is a Citizens’ Panel?
A Citizens’ Panel is a sample of residents who have volunteered to take part in regular research and questionnaires and want to get involved in shaping the future of local healthcare services.
In Lincolnshire, the Citizens’ Panel is an exciting development and gives local residents the opportunity to share their opinions and views on health and care services within the county.
The information we receive will help to ensure that services are designed and delivered to take into account what matters most to our residents.
How does the Citizens’ Panel work?
Members will be expected to be involved for at least 12 months and take part in four to six short surveys per year. The majority of activity will be through online surveys and questionnaires that you can complete on your mobile or laptop at a time that suits you.
How do I sign up?
Signing up is simple! All you need to do is complete this short registration form.
If you require more information or information in an alternative format please get in touch via email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is involved if I join the Citizens’ Panel?
Citizens’ Panel members will be contacted throughout the year to provide their input and views on healthcare services in Lincolnshire. You’ll be invited to take part in a range of surveys, which you can fill in online via your mobile or laptop or through the post. If you want to be more involved you can also choose to attend focus groups, working groups or committees to talk about healthcare in more detail. If you feel you do not have an opinion on a topic or you’re too busy to help, you don’t have to. It is designed to fit around you.
Every aspect of the panel is entirely voluntary; we only ask that you interact with the panel at least once in every three month period, i.e. by filling in a questionnaire, or attending a focus group.
- What’s in it for me?
- You will be helping to ensure we provide better quality care in a way that matters the most to Lincolnshire residents
- You will have the opportunity to have your views heard by local healthcare decision makers
- You will find out about new plans and ideas for Lincolnshire healthcare.
- Will my responses to surveys and other activities be kept confidential?
Yes, all personal information is kept confidential. For details on our Privacy Notice page.
- How do you choose which people can join the panel?We will actively recruit people to join the Citizens Panel that are representative of local communities. This will include people of different ages, backgrounds, and from across different parts of Lincolnshire.
- Can anyone join the panel?
Panel members will be recruited and broadly representative of Lincolnshire’s population by gender, age, employment status, housing tenure, ethnic origin and geographic location. It is our aim to recruit panel members who have not engaged with the NHS previously and are not involved currently.
To join the NHS Lincolnshire Citizens’ Panel all you need to do is complete this short registration form.
If you require this information in an alternative format please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
- What will panel members do?
In the first 12 months, members will be sent questionnaires to complete across the year. We anticipate that approximately eight to ten surveys will be sent out in the first year and we hope that panel members chose to take part in most of the surveys however we would hope that each member interacts with the panel at least once in every three month period. The questionnaires can be electronic or on paper, or completed over the phone – panel members will be asked their preferences when they join the panel.
- What do you do with survey responses?
Panel members will get feedback about any surveys or other engagement activities that they take part in, and also about what impact or influence their participation has had. After each survey we will produce a report detailing the results.
- Will I receive feedback if I take part?It will not be possible to reply to every comment individually because it is likely we will receive many responses. But you will be contacted regularly to let you know the results of different surveys and activities.
- Can I change my mind about how I want to be involved?
Yes, you can ask to be removed from the Citizens” Panel at any time by emailing us email@example.com
Opt-out/leave the Panel
If you want to leave the Citizens’ Panel completely, you can let us know by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. Following receipt of your email, we will acknowledge your request and remove your details from the current list. This process could take up to 28 days and after this point you will not receive any further emails.
This doesn’t have to be the end – do you just want to be less involved? If you want to stay informed, but don’t want to be involved at the moment then email us on email@example.com and we will let you know about other opportunities for you.
Citizens’ Panel Reports
After each panel survey, we analyse all your valuable feedback and produce a report on the result. Please see links to our feedback reports below.